Thursday 30 January 2014

January 2014 | Benefit Topbox + $10 Add-on

I opted for the Benefit Chinese New Year's Prive Box this month!



 A Chinese New Year themed box, very cute!

 BENEFIT - The POREfessional | Sample Size 3mL $4.91
The POREfessional quickly minimizes the appearance of pesky imperfections for smoother-than-smooth skins that looks practically "poreless!"

Can I make note that this sample size is less than half the size of the proper deluxe sample which is supposed to be 7.5g - how disappointing. Last year they gave out the proper deluxe sample size.

 BENEFIT - Benetint | Sample Size 2.5mL $7.20
Our rose-tinted stain is kiss proof, see-through colour for lips & cheeks that lasts for hours. Naturally sheer and sexy on all complexions...it's innocent yet provocative.

Excited to try this, though I'm sure I'll end up a streaky mess lol...

 BENEFIT - BADgal Lash Mascara | Sample Size 4g $12.24
Sexy, dramatic, pure unadulterated black mascara for full, voluminous lashes. Famously big brush coats lashes with our thick black formula. It's as BAD as you want to be!

I've seen the size of this brush and WOW it is huge! Excited to try this as mascara is my weakness.

 BENEFIT - Total Moisture Facial Cream | Sample Size 8.9g $8.49
Say good-bye to dry skin and hello to "total moisture." This facial cream provides concentrated immediate & long-term hydration for a radiantly refreshed complexion.

I've heard nothing but good things about this cream!

BENEFIT - Fake Up in Medium | Sample Size - No Value
This hydrating crease-control concealer hides dark circles and diffuses fine lines for a silky smooth, ultra-natural look. Available in three shades, it's proven to keep skin hydrated for 6 hours!

I hope this isn't counted as a sample...


They also included a bonus 3000 Shoppers Optimum Points, but I saw this card at my local shoppers that promotes the same thing, so you don't have to have gotten this in the mail.

There was also a little red envelope but it was empty. It's supposed to be traditional of Chinese New Year.

Overall value: $32.84 but I wasn't looking for the value from this box, I was looking for some good Benefit products! I was kind of hoping that we'd get some lesser known Benefit products, or things that we don't always see in the sample sizes such as the Erase Paste or the new Gimme Brow. I mean, opting for a Prive box shows you what you'll be getting so I can't complain, but maybe for next year.

I also opted into the additional $10 Surprise Add-on:

I received the Cake Beauty Milk Made Nourishing Body Butter as my surprise add-on. You're guaranteed a full size product and that you'll be getting 20-90% off an item. So my Body Butter retails for $24 so I got 58% off the retail price of it. 
Anyway, it smelled kind of funny... wasn't my favourite and to be honest, I was hoping for something more high-end. Like a $24 product from a high-end brand would've been really cool.



Disclaimer: I paid for this subscription from my own money. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment