Sunday 23 February 2014

Review | Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious Volume & Length Mascara

If you don't personally know me then you should know that I'm a mascara junkie. I buy any and all mascara as soon as it hits the shelves (and goes on sale). I bought this mascara over the summer from Shoppers Drug Mart and wore it once then didn't really reach for it after that. I was bored today and decided I should do a review of some sort on my mascara and settled on this one. I know this mascara has been out for a while but I got a comment on my Instagram yesterday on a picture I posted of my mascara collection asking about this mascara. I figured why not do a review and demo!

So let's review the Revlon Grow Luscious Lash Potion Mascara!


From the Revlon Website:
Spellbinding Volume. Supernatural Length. 
Magically transform lashes to lush, long and lustrous. A potion with strengthening proteins drenches lashes for volume. Triple-groove wand combs through for clump-free length.


This mascara has a thick, fiber bristle brush which is usually great for giving volume and thickness to lashes.  

 I'm not sure if you can tell in the above picture, but the brush is a little odd in that it has three "sections." Sort of like having thickness in three sections around the brush. In the description on the Revlon website, it says that these three "grooves" combs through lashes for clump-free length.
Bare lashes (left), one coat (middle), two coats (right).
As you can see with the above pictures, it really gives you some separation and length. Not too much volume with this mascara but with two coats you can see that it makes a huge difference on my lashes. I actually have naturally long lashes (they're not curled in these pictures which is why you can't tell) so I look for a good mascara that thickens and not necessarily lengthens.

Overall, this mascara isn't bad whatsoever. I actually wore this once and it did flake on me so if that's of concern to you, you might want to grab the waterproof formula. With this Canadian winter, I wouldn't wear the regular one if it's snowing outside or if it's a "wet" day as I'm sure this will smudge. I don't wear waterproof mascara so I like my regular formula mascaras to hold up well in smudging weather. My eyes naturally tend to smudge mascara on the bottom, outer half of my lower eyelids.

I haven't really fully tested the wear of this mascara so I can't comment too much other than I know it flakes/smudges more than other non-waterproof mascaras. If you'd like a wear-test on this mascara, or any other mascara, let me know down below!

I should probably go wash off my one-eyed mascara look now...

No comments:

Post a Comment