Thursday 13 March 2014

March 2014 | ipsy Glam Bag Unboxing



I usually don't comment on the little makeup bag that the products come in but this month they're trying something different: their new Artist Series.
YOU COULD BE NEXT! At ipsy, we believe inspiration comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, mediums and textiles. This month's feature on Klari Reis is just the first of many in ipsy's new Artist Series. Stay tunes to ipsy.com for more info on upcoming opportunities for creative ipsters like you!

In my opinion, it's a cool concept but this bag is absolutely hideous. It's plastic-y shiny vinyl material and the print is very ugly. I can't really complain because I don't really use the bags much but this one is just hideous. It's supposed to showcase San Francisco but it looks like something a 3rd grader made. Perhaps I'm being really harsh but I just really don't like it. The vinyl material makes it even worse. 

From left to right according to the packaging: Starlet, Bora Bora, Risky Business, Rock Bottom
 Be A Bombshell - Bora Bora Eyeshadow Quad | Full Size $16
The Bora Bora Eyeshadow Quad contains a highly pigmented long lasting formula for all day wear. To use as an eyeliner, wet the tip of your brush and dip end into the shadow and apply on lash line. For base colors, blend shadow from lash line to brow bone with a wide shadow brush using gentle upward strokes. For accent colors, blend shade in the outer crease of your eye gently working inward. Gently blend base and accent colors together using light, feathery strokes. For highlighting, gently brush under brow bone.

At first I wasn't too crazy about these colours, just meh in my opinion, but when I opened it all up to take pictures and swatch them, OH MY GOODNESS they're so incredibly pigmented, smooth and just all-around GORGEOUS! It also doesn't hurt that it has such a cute name, very befitting of a getaway destination (the theme of the bag this month). The teal one is so stunning and I usually don't wear much eyeshadow let alone any funky colours, this is so pretty, I can't wait to use it!

 
 Missha - M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++ #27 Honey Beige | Sample Size 0.6oz $7.50
The M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++ is a multifunctional, lightweight formula that provides soothing, moisturizing, brightening, wrinkle repairing, and sun protecting benefits. It is suitable for all skin types and can be used as a makeup base or foundation for natural-looking coverage.

This is far too dark for my complexion. It might work when I'm much tanner in the summer but even then I'm not sure. It's cool that it has such a high SPF content. I may see if this will match my sister, if not then boo! 


bareMinerals - Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Rebel | Sample Size 2.25mL $9
Embark on a total thrill glide with Marvelous Moxie™ Lipgloss. Luscious, vibrant color loaded into a refreshing formula that slips on satiny-smooth for sheer-to-medium coverage with lasting glistening shine. Lips look fuller and more voluptuous. Naturally-derived Shea, Avocado and Murumuru butters deeply hydrate and smooth lips while an infusion of minerals revitalizes lips for a healthy-looking pout. All the while, an encapsulated vitamin A, C and E complex helps to deliver antioxidant defense, so you’re ready for anything—and everything.

I was happy to get this sample, the colour is very flattering and will work well with all complexions. I was a bit upset that I didn't get the lipstick but when I think about it, I wear glosses more often than lipsticks so this will be put to better use. It smells SO good, it smells like After-Eight mints, like it's a sweet minty scent with a hint of chocolate-ness? I don't know but it smells AMAZING. I like the face that it doesn't have any shimmer in it, too. Also, this lip gloss is half the size of the regular size so it's quite a generous sample!

 KLORANE - Smoothing and Relaxing Patches with Soothing Cornflower - 2 Sachets = $5

Rich in soothing cornflower extract, decongesting arnica and chamomile, Klorane Smoothing and relaxing patches with soothing cornflower effectively reduce signs of tiredness from lack of sleep, a long day or sun exposure and instantly soothes and refreshes the eyes. Dark circles and puffiness are visibly reduced and the eye contour looks fresh and bright. Cool patches in refrigerator before use to increase effectiveness and enhance its refreshing effect.

- Organically farmed cornflower naturally soothes, reduces puffiness and softens the eye area
- Arnica to drain eye contour
- Chamomile refreshes and provides anti-inflammatory benefits 
- Reduces bags and smoothes away lines in a few minutes
- Immediately brightens eyes
- Anti-fatigue benefits

Application:
Apply directly to eye area and leave on for 20 minutes. Can be used for a 7-day treatment for a long-term smoothing effect. 

Come on Klorane!!! You advertise yourself as being healthy and using organically grown products, but why are you putting Mineral Oil in your eye patches?! Things like this frustrate me so much. I wasn't all that excited about these eye patches, but I figured I could actually get some use out of them. When I read the ingredients and saw that there was Mineral Oil in them I got so angry. Like, why would you even bother putting organic and natural ingredients into this product when you put Mineral Oil in it too. I still haven't decided whether I'll be using these or not as mineral oil has the tendency to give me Milia especially around my eyes, so I don't know. ARGH. WHY, KLORANE!? YOU COULD'VE BEEN SO GOOD. Like, I just really want to try these but I don't want mineral oil all up in here.

Overall value: $37.50
The overall value isn't bad, I'm very impressed with the eyeshadow quad and the lip gloss, but the too-dark BB cream is disappointing and so are the Klorane eye contours. Hopefully the BB cream will be a match for my sister as it looks like it's very good quality. Klorane.... I may try you. Though I'm angry with you. We shall see. Companies need to stop putting Mineral Oil in their products, especially ones that claim to be all natural and fancy. Bleh. Rant over.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the Missha BB cream didn't work out for you D: That's the one I use (in a different shade) and I really like it a lot, so hopefully it matches your summer skin tone! It's also nice to see Ipsy offering some Asian products~

    amy | michi★mochi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, lol I'm quite fair-skinned, not pale but definitely not tan at the moment so it might match me when I'm tan in the summer. I asked my sister to see if it matches her right now, she hasn't tried it yet lol

      Delete