Wednesday 18 June 2014

March 2014 | Topbox Unboxing & Review



 BELVADA COSMETICS - Blackhead Facial Mask - 2 Sachets | No Price Listed ($2/sachet?)

Belvada Blackhead Facial Mask is an effective peel-off mask based on natural, bioactive ingredients that removes excess sebum, blackheads and other impurities from your skin. It deep cleans your pores to reveal bright and smooth, fresher looking skin.

I used one of these sachets and the sample is actually quite generous. I shared the packet with my sister and it was enough to cover both our faces with a thick enough layer. The mask itself is black and looks pretty cool when it's on your face, and when it dries it has glossy and tight feeling. This mask is definitely hard to peel off, though it came off in one piece, do not get it on your eyebrows or hairline or it will pull out the hairs. It left my skin feeling soft afterwards which was nice. Also since the mask is black, you get to see all the gunk it pulled out of your pores!


 CLINIQUE - Superprimer Face Primer | 30mL $29 - Sample 7mL $6.77

Lightweight, oil-free primer creates an ideal makeup canvas. Smooth over entire face or where needed with fingertips, or makeup sponge before foundation.

I don't usually wear primer so I'm not really sure if my one experience with this one is valid. I used it once before a big night underneath my Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation and I don't know if it made a difference or not. The Colorstay was also new to me but my makeup held up through the night. Maybe I'll have a better idea of it in the future.

 LISE WATIER - Solution Double Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover | 120mL $24 - Sample 38mL $7.60

Gently and quickly remove all traces of makeup (even waterproof formulations) from your eyelids and lashes. The oil phase dissolves eye makeup and mascara. The water phase soothes the eye area's delicate skin. Moisten cotton pad and delicately cleanse eyelids and eyelashes. 

 I was happy to find this in my box as mine was on its last leg (the Almay Oil Free Gentle Eye Makeup Remover). When I saw that this was a dual phase solution my mind instantly went to the Lancome Bi-facil which I haven't tried but is a cult favourite. Unfortunately, I've been using this every since mine ran out and it's not very good. I don't use waterproof mascara (only the regular kind) and it has trouble taking that off. It also leaves my eye area pretty greasy afterwards; the oil phase doesn't sink into the skin to moisturize. So overall, not a big fan; I'll probably finish it up but definitely won't be repurchasing, I'll likely go back to my Almay.


CINA - Nail Art Pen | $8.79

Use over a coat of nail polish or on its own to create fun designs.

Not much to say here, I'm not a huge fan of nail art or nail polish in general as I don't wear it often. I threw this one on my swap board.

______

Overall box value: $27.16
Final thoughts: Overall this wasn't a bad box, but not a great one either. It's a shame the Belvada masks aren't in a tube so that it doesn't feel like a one-time use sample. The nail art pen isn't for me and it's too bad the makeup remover isn't my favourite, I really did want it to work. The primer is still up in the air whether I like it or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment