Wednesday 18 June 2014

April 2014 | Ipsy Unboxing & Review



Image from Coastal Scents
COASTAL SCENTS - Shadow Brush | $2.49
The Coastal Scents Shadow Brush is a medium sized brush made out of natural fibers that is wide in shape and condensed to allow an even distribution of eyeshadow on the lid. This professional cosmetic brush can be used for shading the crease and highlighting the brow bone with complete precision.

I don't have this pictured above because I ended up trading it with someone for another item. Wasn't excited to have this in my bag since it's a basic eyeshadow brush, I feel like they could have included a different brush, something like a blending brush or a crease brush that most people may not have. I traded it because I already had one. Another thing about this brush is that it's made with horse hair, it is not synthetic which raises animal cruelty concerns. I usually don't go out of my way to look whether companies are cruelty free or not, but having something that clearly was made using an animal (and a Google search suggested a violent method to how the hair is harvested) freaked me out. I'll stick to my own synthetic brush, thank you!


ELIZABETH MOTT - pop! goes the shadow in Champagne | $12.99

The Elizabeth Mott pop! goes the eyeshadow is the ultimate eyeshadow that's long lasting, easy to apply, and effortlessly blends. Buildable colors will take you from subtle highlights to dramatic smokey eyes. With pop! goes the shadow, eye shadow creasing is a thing of the past. Get ready to try the eye shadow that will change your life!

This is definitely a pretty shade! I'm not a huge eyeshadow person so I haven't reached for it yet. I initially threw it in my 'trade' pile but now I'm thinking it may be nice to play with.


DR. BRANDT - microdermabrasion | 60g $78 | Sample 7.5g $9.75

The dr. brandt® microdermabrasion gently sweeps away dead skin cells and softens skin texture, which enables better absorption of skincare products and helps diminish the appearance of fine lines, acne marks, and skin discolorations. A great at home alternative to professional clinical treatments. Safe to use for all skin types. For best results use with dr. brandt® skincare products.

I haven't tried this yet but it's nice to have a skincare product in here. This has really good reviews so I'm excited to try it!


URBAN DECAY - 24/7 Velvet Glide-on Eye Pencil in Black Velvet | Full Size $24 | Travel Size $18

A must for smoky-eye fanatics: an ultra-plush version of UD’s creamy, waterproof 24/7 formula. Create perfectly blended-out or rich, precise lines that are blacker-than-black.

I was so excited when they announced that everyone would be getting an UD eyeliner in their bags! I love that this is a high end product and the size is extremely generous! It's extremely creamy and says put very well. I used this in my tightline a few times and it gave me a great dark lash look. This is definitely a huge win! I swatched it below.


STARLOOKS - Luscious Longwear Lip Pencil in Naked | $14

Starlooks' Luscious, Longwear, Matte Lip Liner formula contains a Kiss-Off Resistant polymer that, when worn alone or in combination with a matte lipstick, offers an incredible 8 hour wear - with little no need for touch-up or re-application. Comes in one, brilliant shade of nude for all skin tones!

This is an extremely creamy formula. I used it to line my lips before attending a wedding and it stayed put longer than my lipstick throughout the night. I like that the colour is a nude pink which is more universal but wouldn't work with a red lip (obviously). You can tell in the picture that I did an awful job at sharpening it but the product is so creamy that the nib fell off while my mom was using it. It may almost be too creamy? I've swatched it below.


______

Overall value: $57.23

Overall this is a great bag; the only thing I had absolutely no use for was the eyeshadow brush but everything else was great! The eyeliner is the highlight of this bag for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment