Friday 4 July 2014

My First Beauty Box 5!


I finally took the plunge and signed up for Beauty Box 5...
I know! I have a problem! But they were offering a first box free when you sign up deal so I couldn't resist... then while I was checking out they also offered the purchase of a previous month's box (a mystery!) for $10 so I couldn't resist... yet again.

This box is actually the March 2014 box but that's what the mystery box was! I was pleasantly surprised as I had been watching unboxings for a while and I really wanted to try some of the products included in this box. Keep reading if you're interested in each product's details!





JANE'S PICK - All Natural Soaps in Kind | 5oz $8 | Sample estimated $2

Get the clean without the chemicals! Made from an all-natural blend infused with herbs and flowers, these pretty soaps are handmade, so each bar has a unique pattern and relaxing scent. BB5 tip: lather up and use this instead of shaving cream!

At first I didn't know what scent this was since it doesn't specify but when I went on the Beauty Box 5 website, the one most similar to this one in colour was Kind which is a mix of Orange, Tangerine and Vanilla. This scent doesn't necessarily pull on those fragrances but is does smell very good overall. It has a very natural/handmade scent, if I'm making any sense here... I love it when beauty boxes include more natural and handmade product as opposed to the mass produced items we normally get.



TREE HUT - Shea Body Butter | 7oz $7.49 | Sample 2oz $2.14

Treat your body to the best! Extra thick and paraben free, this lotion deep conditions your skin with cocoa and organic shea butter, provides natural anti-aging properties, and puts us in the mood to party with lime and coconut extract.

Every time Beauty Box 5 included a Tree Hut product in their boxes, everyone always commented on how amazing their products smell, so I was extremely excited to finally be able to try this. Being in Canada, I have never seen Tree Hut products in stores so the only way I was going to experience this scent was through something like BB5. Do let me know if you know where I can find this product in Canada!

The scent of this product is Coconut Lime. Now the scent associated with that name in my mind is the Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime fragrance which I do not enjoy so I was hoping it wasn't too strong on the lime and a bit more coconut-y. It's definitely a light, non-invasive scent and you can definitely smell both the lime and the coconut. It's very summery and fresh, which is perfect for this time of year. I'm really glad this was included in the box; not to mention this is made with Organic Shea Butter and is paraben-free!



BELLAPIERRE COSMETICS - Makeup Base | 0.29oz $18.99 | Sample 0.25oz $16.37

Every girl deserves an all-in-one that hides imperfections and makes her makeup even better. This pretty ivory base is great when you're low on time (or room in your purse), and serves as a concealer, illuminator, and eyeshadow primer!

I had also seen this in unboxings that I watched previously... are you sensing a pattern here? I just spend my time on YouTube watching unboxings and scouring the blogosphere for beauty things to read. Anyway, this was also something that I found very interesting when I watched these unboxings because it's called a makeup base. For some reason I thought that this was much creamier than it is. The only way I can describe what this actually is, is similar to a MAC Paint Pot. That's what this reminded me of when I swatched it. Actually, when I picked this pot up from my box, the lid was kind of loose which made me thought that it had dried out and was supposed to be a thinner consistency, but I re-watched grav3yardgirl's unboxing and hers also had a slightly loose lid on it and was the same consistency as mine. Overall, I'm excited to see how this works as an eyeshadow base, but since it's slightly pink-toned, it would work well under the eyes to cancel out blue tones in my dark circles... #studentlife.



H2O PLUS - Hand & Nail Cream | 6oz $15 | Sample 1oz $2.50

Proven to soften even the roughest hands, this award-winning lotion is lightweight and non-greasy, and restores your skin with silk proteins, Vitamin E, and marine botanicals. A definite must-have for any time of the year.

This smells so good! I can't place my finger on it, but it's very spa-like and fresh and clean. This actually scented up the entire box and made it smell very good. As nice as this smells, I'm going to pass this along to my mom since she suffers for extremely dry and cracked hands, year-round and seeing as this is an "award winning lotion" I hope it helps her out. I did try it on my hands to see what the texture would be like and it sinks in very quickly and leaves my skin looking and feeling very supple and soft. I'm typing this like instantly after rubbing this cream into my hands and it's definitely not leaving any greasy residue whatsoever.


SWISSCO - Dual-Sided Facial Pad | $2

Achieving softer skin and smaller pores is as easy as exfoliating a few times a week! Just add your favourite cleanser to the pad, gently buff that pretty face, and kiss lackluster skin goodbye!

This is made with natural loofah which is pretty cool. I don't know if many people have actually tried natural loofah, but in Egypt that's what we use in general to exfoliate in the shower. The loofah side of this facial pad may be slightly too abrasive for my skin, but the other side is made from soft terry cloth which would be perfect for regular cleansing.

Overall value: $24

This box was awesome! I don't even care about the dollar value, though it's nice to know I got more that what I paid for this box, but everything in here I was happy to get and I'm very excited to try! YAS BB5! Don't judge me... hahaha, I actually signed up for a quarterly subscription so that happened... you'll definitely be seeing a few more of these unboxings in the upcoming months!

If you're interested in signing up, please feel free to use my referral link. There's no waiting list unlike a lot of the other beauty box subscriptions. They are also one of the cheapest beauty boxes out there and you save more when you sign up for a quarterly, or an annual subscription.

2 comments:

  1. I agree - this is a stellar box! I got almost the same products in March, and it was definitely my favourite BB5 so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I was worried they would send me last month's box which didn't appeal to me as much, but I'm so happy they sent me this one! How long have you been subscribed?

      Delete