Monday 7 July 2014

Summer 2014 | Loose Button Luxe Box Unboxing




LOOSE BUTTON - Angled Tweezers | $13

Remove those stubborn hairs for precise and perfectly arched brows.

I guess I could always use another pair of tweezers; nothing exciting here though but I'll definitely use them once mine start to dull.


NICOLE BY OPI - Nail Polish in I Shop Mintage | $3.99 (3.75 mL)

A timeless minty green with real retro appeal. Nicole by OPI puts salon quality at your fingertips…from the colorful world of OPI.

You may not be able to tell in this picture, but this nail polish bottle is teeny! I don't know how long this would last, but I really like the colour. I'm kind of disappointed it's not a full size bottle, even though OPI does send out full sized bottles in other boxes. Ipsy sent out a full-sized Nicole by OPI polish a couple months back.


CRABTREE & EVELYN - La Source Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy | 25g $8

Lock in lashings of moisture with the La Source ultra-moisturising Hand Therapy. Infused with macadamia nut oil, shea butter and seaweed and algae extracts, this intensive cream nourishes skin so it’s noticeably smoother after each luxurious application. Contains hydrating ceramides and antioxidant-rich Vitamin E. Myrrh extract helps condition nails and cuticles. Formulated without mineral oil, parabens, propylene glycol or sodium lauryl sulfate.

I don't think I've ever tried anything from this brand. I can always use another hand lotion but I'll ask my mom if she wants this one, since her hands would appreciate it much more than mine. This isn't laden with floral and fake fragrances, it smells quite masculine, actually. I really like that this soaks in very quickly.


MARNI - Eau de Parfum | 4oz $255 | Sample 0.24oz $15.30

Fragrance Notes: Top: Bergamot - Pepper - Ginger - Pink Peppercorn; Heart: Cardamom - Rose - Cinnamon Bark; Bottom: Patchouli - Incense - Vetiver - Cedarwood

This smells so weird... I'm not sure how I feel about it. It smells exactly like mastic gum which is something my mom uses in cooking sometimes. That's all it reminds me of! Holy expensive perfume though! This is sort of a unisex scent as it's neither feminine nor masculine.. it's a very mature fragrance. I just don't know how to describe this or how I feel about it lol. The more I smell it, the more I like it. The bottle is definitely adorable!


CURL KEEPER - Total Control for Frizzy Hair | 100mL $9.99

Curly Hair Solutions™ Curl Keeper™ enables you to become the master of those gorgeous frizz-free curls. Controls all frizz, reactivates with water allowing for several days of great styling. 100% effective in humid weather conditions, especially humidity. Water-based and contains no silicones. No product build up and rinses out clean.

This is actually something I can use! I'll have to report back as my hair needs frizz control and the way this product works sounds very interesting.


TEEEZ TRENDY COSMETICS - Spectrum of Stars Eyeshadow in Vanilla Sunbeam | $19

A chic and cheerful combination that has a high gloss, semi metallic finish, enables you to create on-trend eyes for any occasion. What's more, with added Argan Oil to hydrate and nourish your skin, these long-lasting shadows have a luxuriously smooth, velvety texture, and can be easily applied and blended.

More teeez products! Cute packaging once more; this is a pretty eyeshadow shade, though I don't wear eyeshadow too often. Can you see my tripod in the reflection? Haha!


ESLOR - Introductory Collection | $15.00 (4 x 5 mL)

Hydrate, protect and treat your skin with the Eslor Introductory Collection. 100% Free of Parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) and Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate (SLES).

I feel as though I'm a beauty box snob when I complain about foil packets. But it's just so frustrating! It's difficult to keep them closed so that you can use them over a few days, and I just have no interest in foil packets. It could be a miracle product but if it's only a few mL then what's the point? Especially for skincare where you need to use it for a while to notice a difference. Blah!


BONUS: CREST - 3D Whitestrips & Toothpaste x3

I don't know how much to value this at, but it's a bonus. Another blog said these are valued at $5 each which I don't think so, since Procter & Gamble always sends out Whitestrip samples in free sample boxes. It's kind of a funny bonus, I won't complain, though since I can always use more whitestrips. I've got a little stash tucked away somewhere.

Overall Value: $84.28 (not including Crest Bonus)

I can't say I hate this box... I know I cancelled after the last box but this one, when I look at everything together, isn't so bad. I hate foil packets which I think we've established, and the nail polish bottle is super tiny, but I think I'll be able to use most of these things. This box, however, wasn't amazing enough to make me want to sign up again.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11885059/?claim=bafachqjq5a">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

4 comments:

  1. Psst, save your sample-sized jars (I use old contact lens cases) and empty foil packets into those! Less waste + doesn't get gross as fast :D I got that Eslor set in a Beauty Box 5 and the cream lasted me almost a week this way!

    Also, that perfume bottle is the cutest. *_*

    amy | michi★mochi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never even thought of that! I have a few contact cases laying around that I could use for them. Thank you, Amy!!

      Delete
  2. I got a Luxe box and yours is so much better than mine. That Marni perfume and the Teeze shadow. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete