Sunday 6 July 2014

Spring 2014 | Loose Button Luxe Box Unboxing & Review (a little bit late)




FEKKAI - Brilliant Glossing Shampoo & Conditioner | 236mL $20 each | Sample 59ml $5 each

Shampoo - "Let the radiant ritual begin with the luscious, luster-enhancing lather of Brilliant Glossing Shampoo, Fekkai's iconic shine shampoo. Its translucent formula cleanses hair with luster enhancing lather."

Conditioner - "Show hair the way to shine daily with Brilliant Glossing Conditioner, Fekkai's richly rewarding iconic shine conditioner. Its soft crème formula bathes hair in brilliantly lustrous radiance."

It's nice to see both the shampoo and conditioner being included in a sample box as we usually just get one or the other. I've never tried any Fekkai products before so this will be interesting! I'm not overly ecstatic about this product but it's still nice.


KNOTTIES - Hair Ties | $4

Knotties are super-soft, shimmery hair ties that hold your hair without pulling and without leaving those nasty dents and crimps that other elastic ponytail holders cause. Your hair will look pretty and feel secure.

I was actually very disappointed to get something like this in my box. I'm more interested in skincare and makeup, and these hair ties have been featured everywhere. I just don't see what the hype is, I tried one from my little sister before and it didn't hold my hair in place properly and got stretched out very easily...


TEEEZ - Chain of Stones Nail Laquer in More than Mauve | $20

Wave goodbye to the harmful effects of Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene and Formaldehyde with our Big Three Free Desert Glow Nail Lacquer

The nice thing about this is that it's a high-value item. I can't say it's the nicest colour, though I do love my purples. I'm curious to see how this formula performs compared to the other polishes I own. I wish it was a brighter more Spring colour.


BURT'S BEES - Brightening Dark Spot Corrector | 30mL $20 | Sample 4.42mL $2.95 each

Let your natural beauty shine through with a little help from the humble daisy. Make it a part of your daily regime for a brighter and more even complexion naturally.

I love Burt's Bees! I haven't tried much from their skincare but I do love their lip products, especially their tinted lip balms. I'm actually very excited to be trying this product since I have some acne scarring that I'd love to get rid of. The way this is packaged, however, makes it seem like a lot of product will be wasted since it's not in a tube and can't be re-sealed. It's basically a larger version of a foil packet. The one product I was excited about and it's a shame it's so small.



TEEEZ - Easy on the Eyes Eye Pencil in Black Deluxe | $25 

The silky soft formula of our La Isla Chique Easy On The Eyes Eye Pencil is waterproof and long lasting, giving your eyes a bold finishing touch, come rain or shine.
Another Teeez product, I'm going to have to say that I love their packaging and how everything looks so fun! I'm happy to get a black eyeliner, but to be honest, that's very standard. It would have been nicer to maybe get a brown eyeliner, or perhaps a gold colour for more fun accents. You can't win them all, though! Teeez has been a brand that I've seen circulating the subscription boxes and have wanted to try.


AVEENO - Daily Moisturizing Lotion | 354mL $12 | Sample 28mL $0.95

Reveal your most natural beauty with the power of natural oats. This nourishing moisturizing lotion was formulated to help prevent and protect dry skin. It uses ACTIVE NATURALS Colloidal Oatmeal to moisturize for 24 hours, leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth.

The straw that broke the camel's back. I don't know if you can tell but this was quite a disappointing box for me. Luxe Box is an expensive box so when I pay for it, I expect large sample sizes of deluxe brands. They have three months to curate each box and could make it so much better, but it seems like they just take what they can get. This lotion honestly made me so angry since Aveeno sends these lotions out for free through SampleSource and other free sample boxes, so why would I pay for something that has a less than $1 value and from a basic drugstore brand. Don't get me wrong, I love the drugstore, but this is neither new nor exciting. This lotion has been around forever, this may not have been so bad if it was a new Aveeno product.

Overall Value: $65.85

Overall, though the value is greater than the $26 I paid for this box, I feel like there are only a couple products I would use. I wasn't excited about any of these products except the Teeez eyeliner and Burt's Bees, though those are tiny sample that won't get much use. This box was a huge disappointment, and I know I'm posting this months after I got it, but I gave Loose Button a call the same day and cancelled my subscription. I told them that the box was disappointing and I didn't feel like I had gotten value from it. Unfortunately, I was subscribed to also get the Summer box (which I will post after this one) which was almost as disappointing. 

You can bet that I won't be signing up again unless they step up their game. Don't give us samples we could get for free. Don't give us tiny sample sizes. Don't overprice your boxes then throw a bunch of crap in there. It's kind of common sense...

No comments:

Post a Comment