Saturday 1 November 2014

e.l.f. Pressed Mineral Blushes | Swatches


So about a month ago, e.l.f. had their annual 50% off the entire website sale and since I hadn't placed an order in a loooong while and I was in need of some brushes, I decided to place an order. Let me know below if you want to see the other items I got, sort of a mini haul post. Anyway, emilynoel83 on YouTube had just reviewed these blushes in a favourable light so I figured I'd grab all four shades while I was at it.

These blushes are from their "mineral" line which is described on their website as ...mineral-based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes.

This range is higher priced than e.l.f.'s regular $1-2 line and $3-5 Studio line. Each of these blushes was $5, but with the 50% off sale, I got all four for $10 - great bargain! There are only four shades, which you can see named below. There are two with very subtle shimmer running through them, and two more satin/matte shades.


The packaging is a nice matte black compact, however they do feel ever so slightly flimsy and when I open and close them, it may take a couple tries just because I don't want to snap the lid off by using too much force.

The formula on these is quite pigmented and very creamy when I swirl my finger in it. They're definitely really nice blushes and with these four shades, there's definitely something for everyone!


Cabo Cabana is a warm peachy blush, you can see in the picture that this is one of the ones that has a gold shimmer running through it. Though there is a slight shimmer, it doesn't come off as a shimmery blush in my swatches so that's either a good or a bad thing depending on what you like in a blush. This blush would be a great summer blush shade as its definitely a warmer toned blush and will give your skin a nice glow.


Sweet Retreat is a soft neutral, slightly pink blush. This is the lightest shade in the range and is definitely a very neutral and subtle blush shade. This would be a great just everyday soft, natural blush shade and can probably be worn year round for an everyday neutral makeup look. This is one of the matte blushes.


Jet Setter is a matte pinky mauve blush which, is also a very wearable colour, especially since we're heading into the Autumn season.


Finally, Wanderlust is the deepest (and most pigmented) of the blushes and is a mauve, almost burgundy shade with a silver shimmer that runs through it. Similar to Cabo Cabana, the shimmer is extremely subtle and doesn't really show up in the swatch. This is definitely going to get some love in the coming cooler months with Fall/Winter transitions.




Overall, I think that these blushes are a great buy from e.l.f., not only are they nicely pigmented, but the shades are extremely wearable and there's a shade for everyone. Each colour is buildable and the finish is gorgeous! I couldn't stop staring at the swatches on my arm after I finished photographing them. You really can't go wrong with these, they're mineral makeup which is great for those who want more natural products and those with sensitive skin, and the price is incredible! Even at their regular price of $5 they're such a steal.

Do you have any e.l.f. blushes? Which are your favourite? Are there other inexpensive blushes that you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment