Thursday 25 September 2014

September 2014 | Julep Maven Unboxing

So here's the thing with Julep... I signed up for an introductory box and then never got another box because they always had shimmer nail polishes that didn't appeal to me (especially since this subscription is more expensive than others... $19.99/month). So last month, I was out of town and didn't have internet access until midway through when I realized that I had missed the Maven window to customize my box (or skip the month). I emailed them two days after the window closed to ask if I could still skip or customize my box but they said that they couldn't as production was already underway and that I would get the box anyway.

I didn't even know at this point which box I would be getting and the person responding to my emails was being very unhelpful giving me generic apology responses that she just copy-pasted from some customer service guide. Anyway at the very end I asked her to cancel my subscription and she did and gave me credit towards the purchase of something else in case I don't like what's in my box (oh she finally told me that I would be getting the Classic with a Twist box).


Julep Plush Pout Lip Crayon in Cardinal Red | $20 (or $16 Maven Price)

Full-coverage color with a moisturizing treatment core in the middle. This creamy, long-lasting crayon delivers the smoothing, softening goodness of antioxidant-rich oils, healing sunflower wax, and soothing vitamin E.


Lupita - Ripe Rhubarb Creme | $14 (or $11.20 for Mavens)

This colour shows much darker in person but in the sunlight I think it would give the same shade as in the picture which is a nice slightly pink red but with a twist for the upcoming fall season.


Quinn - Charcoal Purple Satin | $14 (or $11.20 for Mavens)

This colour is gorgeous! I'm glad this was included, in person it's a little bit darker but I love a nice purple/grey nail colour. 

Overall value: $48 (or $38.40 for Mavens)

I'm very glad that though I wasn't able to customize my box, the shades that I got weren't shimmery because I hate shimmer and glitter in nail polish. I feel like it's extremely childish and just hard to get off and doesn't look as polished and proper. I really just.. I'm not a huge nail polish person so this subscription isn't really for me. It's also a pricey subscription at $19.99/month but they have the option to skip months when you don't like what's going to be included which is not something that a lot of boxes offer.

This box was purchased by me, with my own money. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment