Tuesday 18 November 2014

November 2014 | Topbox Unboxing



UNIQONE - All in One Hair Treatment | Full Size: 150mL $19.95; Sample: 9mL $1.20

When UniqOne by Revlon Professional is applied to damp hair, it provides smooth, silky, shiny, protected hair without weighing it down. When applied to dry hair, refreshes the style, providing a long-lasting, soft and silky finish without weighing it down. Available at Trade Secrets and Chatters.

This is probably the only item I don't really care for in this box. Hair treatments don't really interest me, but I mean if it was between this and a nail polish, I'd rather have this. It is a very small sample, however and only valued at just over a dollar. I will give Topbox points for including a brand I've never heard of before, and it's a brand by Revlon Professional!


ELIZABETH ARDEN - Flawless Future Powered by Ceramide Caplet Serum | Full Size: 30mL $72; Sample Size: 5mL $12

This sheer lightweight liquid serum with micro-caplets helps reinforce skin's essential moisture barrier, evens skin tone, retexturize, and reduces the appearance of first signs of aging. Rejuvinates the look of tired skin for a more energized complexion.

I've always been intrigued at these serums that have the little capsules in them because... well mostly because they're so freaking cute... and I may or may not just want to squeeze them all? *Clears throat* anywaaaay... I'll definitely get some use out of this! It's a decently sized sample and Elizabeth Arden is a prestige brand... I mean look how much the full size retails for! Is ceramide the stuff they put in whitening/brightening products in Asian skincare? I mean I could just Google it...


EYEKO - Black Magic Mascara | Full Size $29; Sample Size $13

Designed for after-hours seduction, our ultimate mascara combines three key elements to create drama, volume and curl, packaged into our iconic squeezy tube.

I never, ever say no to mascaras, especially from a brand I've never tried that's supposed to be amazing! The packaging is different, as I've never used a mascara that comes in a squeezy tube.. is this supposed to make it easier/more unique? I guess I'll find out when I use it! I've got quite the mascara stash so I won't be opening this one anytime soon. I think I may need to go on a mascara no-buy... *laughs hysterically* yeah, no that won't be happening.


BENEFIT - Stay Flawless 15-hour Primer | Full Size 0.54oz $38; Sample Size 0.04oz $2.81

Take flawless into overtime! This instant PRO-long primer acts like a magnet to lock on your foundation for up to 15 fresh and flawless hours. The invisible stick-primer glides directly onto skin for optimal wear and a natural-looking finish. Go longer. Stay flawless!

 I remember when this first came out, it was all the rage. Before I get into that, though I just need to fangirl over the cuteness of Benefit's packaging, especially their sample sizes. [Insert some girly squealing here]. Now back to the hype, I remember that this primer wasn't really favoured by beauty bloggers, but I'll still give it a go, I'm sure it just works better on one skin-type versus another. Unlike the Posiebalm sample, this is a far larger sample (if you remember, there was about 2mm of product on that little guy LOL).

Overall value: $29.01

Topbox has been quite hit or miss lately, but this one sort of sits right in between. It's neither a hit nor a miss... the value is quite low but I'll be using 3 out of 4 samples. I really wish Topbox included 5 sample and not just 4, especially if they're all going to be sample size. Nothing in this box was full size compared to other months. I will say, however, that I'm extremely glad that I didn't get any nail polish in this box because I'm so sick of getting one in every box... who needs all that polish!?

Anyway, since cancelling ipsy, I've not regretted it one bit, and I enjoy Topbox's monthly surprise. Do they have some things they need to work on to make their box completely superior to ipsy? Sure they do (lack of referral program, continually smaller samples and fewer number of samples, etc.), but for now, I'll continue getting these boxes and reviewing them. One thing Topbox always amazes me in, is their impeccable customer service which I've gone on and on about before. :)

Also, Topbox is giving away Benefit and Cargo cosmetics as well as Vichy Skincare in three separate giveaways! Feel free to enter by using these links!

http://bit.ly/1qndjez
Cargo_HD Picture Perfect Pore Refining Primer (24.4g)
Cargo_HD Picture Perfect Translucent Powder (9g)
Reverse Lip Liner – 01 Light/Medium (1.14g)
Single Eyeshadow – Toronto (3.5g)
Powder Blush – Tonga (8.9g) 
Essential Lip Colour – Las Vegas (2.8g) 
Essential Lip Gloss – Stockholm (3g) 
Magic Brush 
Swimmables™ Eye Liner Pencil – Grey Lake (1.2g) 
Total Retail Value: $240

http://bit.ly/1qTvLpB
Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer (0.54 oz) 
Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation SPF 25 (1 oz)
Hello Flawless SPF 15 (0.25 oz)
They're Real! Push-Up Liner (0.04 oz)
They're Real! Mascara (0.3 oz) 
Total Retail Value: $182

http://bit.ly/1qUgTaD
Prize #1 includes:
Pureté Thermale 3-in-1 Micellar Solution (200ml) 
Aqualia Thermal Night SPA 
ProEven Night
Liftactiv Serum 10 (50ml) 
Liftactiv Advanced Concentrate
Capital Soleil Ultra Fluid SPF30
Suggested Retail Value: $263

Prize #2 includes:
Pureté Thermale 3-in-1 Micellar Solution (200ml)
Aqualia Thermal Night SPA 
Liftactiv Advanced Concentrate
Suggested Retail Value: $113

Prize #3 includes:
Pureté Thermale 3-in-1 Micellar Solution (200ml)
Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Light 
Liftactiv Advanced Concentrate
Suggested Retail Value: $108

All giveaways end on November 28th, 2014, at 11:59 PM eastern time. 
Canadian and US residents only.

***
What'd you get in your November Topbox?

P.S. I've tried something a little different with my photography using my other lens, any thoughts on the style change would be appreciated!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13203615/?claim=hhg6y8qny69">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment