Wednesday 28 January 2015

Joe Fresh Cream Blush | Pictures, Swatches, 1st Impressions




  

So I recently came across these cream blushes at my local Real Canadian Superstore. I usually never take a look through the Joe Fresh makeup, but these were extremely discounted ($1.94 each!) so I figured, why not! I believe these normally retail for around $8 each so they're not terribly expensive, but I basically got three shades for less than the price of one! *victory dance* For some reason, they don't all have the same logo on the compact but I think that the first one (JOE FRESH) is the newer style and the one you'll find on the non-discounted blushes.

The three shades I picked up are Rose, Pecan and Flush. They're three quite beautiful shades and I think they'll work well with my skin tone.

Rose - soft rosy pink shade. The lightest of the bunch.
The first blush is in the shade Rose and is basically just that - a nice rosy pink shade which gives a feminine and effortless look. I think this would brighten any look without taking over. I feel as though some pink blushes can be too much, especially for me since I tend to blush naturally on my own and then it's just a whole lotta redness. Something soft and subtle like this would complement any look and this would be an especially gorgeous blush come Spring.

Pecan - neutral brown-tone with a hint of peach.
The second shade is Pecan which can almost double as a bronzer. As described above, it's a brown-toned blush with a slight peach. I've been searching for a nice neutral blush that won't give me too much colour but will still add some dimension to my face. This is the one I grabbed at first because I'm very curious as to how it will look on my face. I would say that this blush can be used year-round and with any eye look due to how neutral it is. I'm also curious to use it in the summer while I'm slightly darker (lol, who am I kidding? I tan like no other in the summer). This is my favourite of the three shades.

Flush - deep red shade.

The third and darkest shade is Flush which is a nice deep red shade. It could be used on the lips as well for a nice tint and is a gorgeous just-came-inside-from-this-Canadian-winter/I-can't-feel-my-face look. For some reason when I look at this shade I think of Snow White?? Apparently I associate this one with a Disney character, but it really does give a flushed cold winter day look.

Rose, Pecan, Flush
Rose, Pecan, Flush
Rose, Pecan, Flush
These swatches were all quite built up as this formula isn't insanely pigmented (I'm thinking like those ELF Studio HD Blushes that come in a tiny pump bottle that would take me to clown in 0.002 seconds). They're sheer but buildable and I think that's a positive thing in cream blushes, especially for deeper shades like Flush. None of these contain any shimmer but they're not matte either. They leave a somewhat dewy finish on the skin. To be honest I haven't put these to the test just yet but for the price and the lovely shades, I couldn't wait to blog about them.

Another thing to note is that after I wiped away these swatches, my skin was left with a bit of a stain which makes me think that these will wear well throughout the day. The stain isn't obnoxious but once again, gives a lovely sheer hint of colour.

Final thoughts: I would say that if you see these at your local RCSS or Loblaws, or wherever else you find Joe Fresh makeup, for the price that I got it at, they're worth checking out. It's also a good way to test out a certain shade you don't have in your makeup stash to see if it would work with your skin tone before investing in something fancier. These cream blushes, like most cream blushes, could also double up as a lip tint as well.

Has anyone tried these blushes? Or any Joe Fresh makeup? Which cream blushes are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment