Tuesday 27 January 2015

January 2015 | Topbox Unboxing




MeMeMe Cosmetics - Cheek & Lip Tint in Cherub's Blush | Full Size 12mL $10

Ideal for adding a flush of long-lasting colour to your cheeks and lips no matter what the occasion or skin tone.

I saw this being included in other boxes and they all didn't handle being shipped out because there were so many that had broken and covered all the other products in cheek tint. You'd think Topbox would have been really careful with these and sent out the Topbox tube -- thankfully mine arrive in one  piece! This is very Benetint-esque and to be honest, I like idiot-proof cheek products... similar to the loose eyeshadow in my previous Topbox, this just has the potential to turn clown-y very quickly. To be honest, I would have preferred one of the other shades of this tint, there were some pretty coral and pink shades!


Elizabeth Arden - Flawless Future Powered by Ceramide Moisture Cream Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 | Full Size 50mL $60; Sample Size 7mL $8.40

This lightweight daily moisture cream hydrates and immediately brightens skin, as it helps smooth the look of pores and minimize the appearance of discolorations. Skin looks smooth and supple, more even toned, revitalized and luminous.

I think this is the cream from the same line as the serum we got in our November Topbox. I like that this has SPF in it, but otherwise it's just a regular moisturizer... nothing overwhelming.


Eyeko - Mascara Off Eye Makeup Remover Wipes | 10pc $12

100% pure cotton wipes remove eye make-up gently, quickly and efficiently. Infused with a botanical blend featuring key ingredients Olive Oil and Aloe Extract to condition and soothe the delicate eye area.

I read that this was really effective, so I'm excited to be trying it. I normally don't use makeup removing wipes and opt more for a cotton pad + makeup remover, so this should be fun!


Lise Watier - Lift & Firm 3D Duo Serum 24 Hrs | Full Size $78 2x20mL; Sample $11.70 2x3mL

An instant and visible cosmetic lifting! Facial contours are visibly sculpted, skin's density and firmness is visibly improved and skin looks smoother and more supple.

I got this in my October Topbox so you can image how -____- my face was when I found this again in my box. I don't understand why there is no internal tracking system.. well I mean they may have one, but it doesn't seem to be effective. I am part of a Canadian Beauty group on Facebook, as well as check IG and Topbox's Facebook page every month to see what other people are getting and what they think of the products and it seems like there are always a lot of people getting repeat items. Wouldn't it just be easier to get it right the first time?! I'm sure it costs Topbox $$ to send out replacement items, just think of the shipping alone. And that's gotta be a pain for the Customer Service reps.

Anyway, I contacted Topbox about this repeated item and asked if I could have an item that I saw in other boxes to replace this one and their Customer Service, as always, was extremely helpful and I got my replacement in about a week's time. The item I asked for was the So Susan Dual Brow Powder.



So Susan - Dual Brow Powder | Full Size 4g $18

Create perfectly-defined brows with this smudge-proof dual-shade compact. The medium coverage enables you to glide the product on gently, using short light strokes to fill in sparse brows for a completely natural look. Infused with Aloe Extract and Carrot Seed Oil to nourish and rejuvinate the sensitive skin around the eyes.

When I saw that some people were getting this in their boxes, I really, really wanted this in my box. So when I got that repeated item, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask that this would be my replacement, and Christine at Topbox was more than happy to send it to me. I don't really have any brow powders but I have just about every other brow product type out there. The colour in the picture comes across as a lighter powder shade, but I believe that the darker shade will look very nice on my dark eyebrows. One thing that kind of irritates me is that the little brush it comes with is loose inside the compact so every time I pick it up or move it, it rattles... why not just make it the right size to fit in there snugly? Anyway, So Susan is one of those brands that I think is really cool and uses a lot of more natural ingredients so I'm excited to try this out! Way more exciting than that Lise Watier serum...

Overall value: $42.10 (original box without So Susan)
Value with So Susan minus Lise Watier: $48.40




Overall this was an alright box. If I didn't get that Lise Watier before I probably wouldn't care too much for this box, but honestly, that brow powder makes this box for me. So since initially, I wasn't supposed to get that item, I don't feel like this box is anything special. I wish the blush was in another shade, as I got a Benetint sample from Topbox before. The face cream is a nice to have but nothing special either. The makeup removing wipes, I like seeing those in my box.

So this was my last Topbox. I put my subscription on hold for now because I'm taking a break from beauty subscription boxes. I'm starting to realize that I'm quite a picky makeup user and like specific things so instead of spending that money each month, I should just use what I already have or put it towards something I really lust after at Sephora.

What'd you get in your Topbox this month? What are your thoughts overall towards beauty subscription boxes? Worth it, or nah?

No comments:

Post a Comment