Tuesday 27 January 2015

December 2014 | Topbox Unboxing


So I know this post is long overdue because December was, well... last year, but to be fair I was out of the country on vacation and didn't really have the chance to actually sit down and take pictures of these products until now.

Better late than never??


 

MARSK - Natural Mineral Eyeshadow in Lucky Penny | Full Size 1.2g $22.50

You can use the product wet or dry to take your look from subtle to dramatic in a blink of an eye. Simply coat the brush with powder (wet or dry) and sweep over the lid. We suggest blending two or three colours to create more depth! Don't be afraid to experiment.

I have to admit that this is a gorgeous deep bronze shade. I wasn't able to capture a proper picture of the colour but knowing me and loose pigment products, this would've gotten all over me, my desk, my camera and basically everywhere. So with that said, though this is a stunning shade, loose eyeshadow scares me. There's just so much room for error and I wear contact lenses so that has the potential to be an even worse disaster. Also, $22.50 for a single eyeshadow is kinda pricey, I mean I'm glad I got it in a Topbox because I don't know if I would willingly shell that out on a single shadow.


KINETICS - Nail Polish in Ice Smoothie | Full Size 15mL $12 

Developed from a double-patented formula, Kinetics nail polish has plasticizers that facilitate smooth, easy application supported by saturated pigments for vivid, crisp colours.

Really pretty shade of nail polish (it just needed a good shake because it separated while sitting). We got this once before in another month (in another shade) and I can't recall if I used the other one. Perhaps I'll paint my nails tonight and see how this shade performs.. hmm, there's a thought!


CURLY HAIR SOLUTIONS - Curl Keeper (Original & Gel) | 1 oz each = $2.19 each

A water-based formula that controls all frizz due to humidity. This enables you to become the master of any curly hair style for several days. It is effective in all weather conditions, and is great for scrunch drying, styling with brushes, defuse-drying or just drying naturally.

These look extremely promising! If you'd recall my previous Topbox, I also got a hair product and I wasn't too keen on it, but I love getting things that help enhance curls. These both seem like decent sized products as well. Even though they are considered "low value" I'm still happy to find these in my box. I'm a little weary of the "gel" since I associate gel with wet-looking crunchy hair but I think I remember watching a YT video or something where someone said they were also weary but it ended up working very well.



BAREFOOT VENUS - Argan Dry Body Oil in Pink Pepper | Sample Size 8mL $0.91

Spray on instant moisture and bid dry, water-starved skin a fond farewell. Super-hydrating Argan Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil and moisture giving Meadowfoam Oil cloak skin in silky-smoothness.

This smells SO GOOD. It's like sweet and sugary, and very Holiday-esque. Reminds me of a Bath and Body Works candle. We've gotten this brand before in Topbox and I like the fact that it's a more natural brand. I can't say no to Argan Oil and this is definitely a proper Dry Oil; it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or weird but does a good job of hydrating.


Overall value: $39.97

In summary I think this is an alright box, the sizes were all really nice but I wasn't particularly wow-ed by anything in this box. I was happy to have the Curl Keeper, and the Barefoot Venus oil is actually really good but if we're looking at the two things I actually liked, it's a value of around $5. I really wish that Topbox really themed their December box for the holidays as there's so much potential for the box to be amazing that time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment