Wednesday 25 December 2013

December 2013 Ipsy | My First Unboxing!


ipsy, december 2013

This is my first Ipsy Bag! Very excited to share it with you guys :)



It comes with a little card that says this month's theme: Celebration. On the back it has all the brands featured in the box this month.



mirabella blending brushmirabella blending brush
Mirabella - Eye Blender Brush | Full Size $22
The Mirabella Eye Blender Brush fuses eyeshadow to create a naturally sculpted eye. Tapered domed shape provides flawless and easy application. Hand-sculpted brush is made with the finest quality materials and features exclusive brushed aluminum ferrule and handle.

I don't really wear eyeshadow so I don't really use blending brushes. I'm happy that it was included because it's a good quality product and hopefully it will inspire me to try and play more with eyeshadow.

J. Cat Beauty, Big Lip Pencil
J. Cat Beauty - Big Lip Pencil in Red Rose | Full Size $3.99
The Big Lip Pencil is a hydrating and vibrant lipstick as well as a sculpting lip liner. It’s destined to be in your makeup collection!

The swatch of the Lip Pencil is gorgeous! It's incredibly smooth and highly pigmented. I would definitely buy this, it's a great product!

be a bombshell, one stick
Be A Bombshell - The One Stick in Girl Crush | Full Size $16
An all-in-one multiple stick with a smooth texture. Apply to eyelids, cheeks or lips for the perfect pop of color anywhere!

As you will see in the below picture, the One Stick is extremely pale/faded (it's right there on the left side of my hand), it was also quite patchy and greasy. It has large silver glitters in it which wouldn't go well with my warm undertones. Furthermore, the second ingredient is Mineral Oil which makes me very weary of putting it on my face. I will probably not be using this.
If you're in Canada and would like it, leave me a comment with your email and I will contact you!

j. cat beauty, be a bombshell, one stick, big lip pencil

pop beauty, Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Triopop beauty, Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio

POP Beauty - Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio in Smokin Hot | Sample Size $8.09
This palette of hues adds definition & intensity to lids, creating a broad range of looks that complements all eye colours. From brightening bare to sultry smoke, these hues blend smoothly onto the lid, adding a veil of silky luster that will outlive the day or night!


pop beauty, Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Triopop beauty, Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio
 This is an alright product. I feel like they should have sent out more interesting colours as opposed to a smoky-eye look and a neutral look. Regardless, the lightest colour is quite pigmented when swatched on my arm, as well as the silver shade. The darkest shade, supposed to be a charcoal, isn't very pigmented at all and doesn't transfer well when I swatch it. All the colours are a bit chalky and glittery.

Julie G, textured nail color, sugar plum fairy, holiday frosted gum drops

JulieG - Holiday Frosted Gum Drops in Sugar Plum Fairy | Full Size $3.99

This holiday season, this sparkling purple textured treat will have visions of sugar plums dancing in your head – and on your nails! 
Application: For full effect, do not use a base or top coat. Using thin coats, apply 1-3 coats, allowing each layer to dry completely in between layers for full textured effect. This special textured formula may take up to 10 minutes to dry completely matte.

This is actually really pretty. I don't really wear much nail polish but this is pretty. I usually don't like glittery nail polishes but I swatched it last night (on my sister's nail haha!) and it did have an interesting texture. My sister did comment however that it would irritate her that it's not smooth - in that case, I think that a top coat would smooth everything out. 

Overall, this bag wasn't bad at all. I would definitely use the Big Lip Pencil and I'm thinking of getting a few other colours of it. The blending brush is high quality and I'm excited to try it out. The nail polish is also very interesting. The only things that I'm not incredibly excited about are the One Stick and the eyeshadow trio.
Ipsy is a great way to try out new brands that you may not consider buying on a regular basis. Almost all the products were full size with the exception of the eyeshadow trio which comes with 10 shades in the full size.

I paid $14.95 for this bag and it has a total value of $54.07!

Disclaimer: I paid for this subscription from my own money. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment