Sunday 26 January 2014

December 2013 | Topbox

I know, it's almost the end of January and I'm posting a December box... I'll try to be more timely in the future, I promise!






BELVADA COSMETICS - Coconut Lip Butter | Full Size 10mL $10
Belvada's Coconut Lip Butter was specially formulated to create immediate and long-lasting softness. 

In my opinion, this wasn't a quality sample whatsoever. The packaging it came in was plastic which is no problem normally, but it's the terrible kind where the lid doesn't screw into the pot properly. Very cheaply made, you can call this full size because it's the same quantity, but it's not something you'd find in stores due to the evidently cheap quality of the package. I haven't tried the actual product yet so I can't comment on that, but the packaging really frustrates me. There's also no product information other than the little sticker on the top; no ingredients, nothing. I will be trying this product though.


CUCCIO COLOUR - Nail Laquer | Full Size 14mL $10
Triple pigmented colour, DBP, Toluene and Formaldehyde FREE, High Shine Professional Nail Colours.

This nail polish is befitting of the holiday season - I haven't used it yet so I can't comment on the quality. The colour is nice, I personally don't prefer glittery nail polishes, however since this is a micro-glitter, I may wear it. Overall, not bad.


ESTEE LAUDER - Modern Muse Eau du Parfum | Sample Size 2.9mL $3.34
Experience the new fragrance that captures your style, your confidence, your creative spirit. An alluring contrast of sparkling florals, and sleek, sensual woods. A Modern Muse is memorable, a force of creative energy, a true inspiration to others. 

This scent is actually really nice. It's not overly sweet or musky and is very wearable. It's light but still lingers in the air. I'll definitely be using this little sample. I do wish that it had a little spray or a roller-ball on the top opening for ease of use; it has a little stopper that you can use to dab it on.


ELIZABETH ARDEN - Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant | Sample Size 30mL $15 
Created by Ms. Arden herself, this legendary, award-winning cream calms, protects and hydrates skin for up to eight hours. Also shapes brows, restores shine, and smooths cuticles.

I don't know how I feel about this product just yet. It's truly hydrating, however it had the weirdest smell. It's not a gross smell but it's sort of like citronella? I can't explain it but the smell fades a bit after it's absorbed but it's still there. It's definitely moisturizing and it may even be perfect for my feet in the winter. I wouldn't mind using it on my hands, but the description says you can shape your brows with it... no thanks, that's too close to my nose - haha!

Overall value: $38.34 which isn't bad. Unfortunately it's a pretty underwhelming bag - nothing wow-ed me. It was just average. Hopefully Topbox steps up their game, as I've been hearing a lot of other people who subscribe say that they've been getting bad box after bad box and may unsubscribe.

I do have to say though, that their Customer Service is fantastic and Christine whom I email when there are questions, etc. is extremely helpful.

Do you have a subscription to Topbox? What'd you get? Comment down below!

Disclaimer: I paid for this subscription from my own money. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment