Monday 27 January 2014

Winter 2013 | Loose Button Luxe Box




L'OCCITANE - Pivoine Flora Eau de Toilette | Sample Size 5mL $2.94

This symbol of beauty and femininity brightens every season with its dazzling show of colors and scents. The Paeonia Eau de Toilette captures the subtle aura of the peony flower, in a generous perfume marked with green freshness. 
Contains a peony extract from the south of France.

How adorable is this little bottle?? It definitely has a nice light fragrance, very wearable and isn't overwhelming at all. It's definitely floral seeing as it's made from peonies. Definitely be giving this a try.
Also! I've finally figured out how to pronounce this brand's name! It's pronounced L-OX-I-TAN.

L'OCCITANE - Shea Butter Hand Cream | Sample Size 10mL $2
Get smooth and soft hands with this ultra-moisturizing hand cream.
Enriched with 20% Shea Butter, this hand cream penetrates quickly to protect, nourish and moisturize your hands. Rapidly absorbed with no oily traces, this hand cream doesn't need to be reapplied even after frequent hand washing. The minimal scent makes it suitable for men and women. Invites even the most hard-working hands to a fresh beginning!

Another L'Occitane product here - this is an extremely moisturizing hand cream. What I don't understand is why it comes in a tin package? Does anyone know why? I prefer plastic tubes as they're easier to get product out, perhaps because it's a thicker consistency and so that you can get product out easier when you're down to the last bits? Hmm...


KIEHL'S - Ultra Facial Moisturizer | Sample Size 30mL $8.80

This moisturizer is readily absorbed, leaving the surface area soft and nurtured. The moisturizing effects of this formulation are continued beneath the surface layers for daytime or anytime moisturizing and texturizing of the skin.

This moisturizer is amazing! I love it! I tried it once before as a little foil sample from Kiehl's and fell in love so I'm very excited to be getting quite a deluxe sample of this moisturizer. Love, love, love!


COVERGIRL - LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in "Ruby Twist" | Full Size $10
Twist up the colour and glide on the shine. Treat your lips to a balm, fortified with shea and mango butters, for a smooth look with a hint of colour.


Seems interesting, I'll be trying it. I've gotten a lot of red coloured lip products from my boxes so I sort of wish it came in another colour but nonetheless, I've heard great things about this. And it's full size!

CHINA GLAZE - Your Present Required | Sample Size 9.6mL $5.49
From the new Happy Holiglaze Collection. Your Present Required adds the perfect sparkle to your New Year's evening.

A festive nail polish - I'm not a fan of glitter polishes but my sister might enjoy it. It is a bit smaller than the regular China Glaze bottles which is why I valued it at $5.49 compared to the full size 14mL bottles which retail for $8.

EVOLVH - UltraShine Moisture Conditioner | Sample Size 75mL $7.50
Just like UltraShine Shampoo, UltraShine Conditioner has earned the trust of top hairdressers and discerning clients, as the preferred conditioner when moisture and repair are the imperative. Designed to provide the optimum level of moisture, amino and fatty acids, and pH level for every hair type. The result is hair that is shiny, full of bounce, without frizz and with greater strength and elasticity.

It's a little odd that they'd sent the conditioner without the shampoo. It seems interesting though, I'm excited to try it.

NO DARK SHADOWS - Complexion Enhancer in Pizzaz | Full Size $20
No Dark Shadows is a multipurpose complexion enhancer designed to conceal imperfections and dark circles under the eye area as well as highlight the complexion. Available in two universal shades - Wow (rosy tone) and Pizazz (yellow tone). No Dark Shadows will wake the eye up and highlight the t-zone. The oil-free formula is waterproof and long lasting, enhancing your complexion for up to six hours.

I tried this out at Shoppers Drug Mart and it has a great creamy consistency and good coverage. My only reserve is the colour... it seems perhaps too yellow-toned for me, but the other shade would be too pink... Regardless I'm glad they sent us a full size of this because it's a new product that I've seen everywhere.

LOOSE BUTTON - Gel Eye Pads | Full Size $30 - I don't think these are worth $30, I'll value them at $8
Close your eyes and relax with this soothing eye mask; warm or cool. May also help with headache and sinus pain.


Seems pretty cool, I'll definitely try them out when I'm feeling like I need some relaxation time. It's a little irritating that they valued these at $30 just because it's their own brand to jack up the value of the box. I did a little bit of research on how much gel eye pads usually retail for and it averaged out to $8 or so, so that's what I'm valuing them at. I've seen Loose Button do this before with their brushes and other Loose Button branded products. No need to outrageously overvalue something, LB.
_____

Overall value: $64.73 - wow!
That's with me re-valuing the gel eye pads. Overall great box, I'm excited to try everything and I'm happy with the full size and quite deluxe-sized products!

Did you get a Winter 2013 LuxeBox? How did you like it? Comment below!

Disclaimer: I paid for this subscription from my own money. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment