Wednesday 19 February 2014

February 2014 | Ipsy Glam Bag Unboxing + Mini Review


So I got my ipsy bag last week and I've had a chance to try some of these products. After I got my bag, I went online to My Glam Room to see what everything was and I noticed that two of the products I got in my bag, weren't the ones I was supposed to get. I emailed ipsy and they were more than happy to send me the other prodcuts I was supposed to get. So I'm still waiting on those to come. As you can see in the screenshot, I didn't get the Eyetini Cream Shadow or the Pacifica Body Butter (which I so desperately want to try). Instead, I received the Dr. Lin Acne Treatment and the Jesse's Girl Eyeshadow Palette which I reviewed anyway. I'll add the other two products to this review once I receive them in the mail!



The little makeup bag it comes in is a bright pink colour with a leopard-print lining -- very cute!

POP BEAUTY - Plump Pout Mini in Fuschia Freesia | Sample Size 4g $7.47

This plumping pout perfector combines the high-shine of a lacquered gloss with the long wear of a stain and is packed full of lip-plumping peptides and avocado and jojoba oils. Lightweight, creamy texture immediately merges with lips & delivers intense glossy color for an extremely long-lasting finish!


This smells like gasoline. This is the worst smelling lip product, or any makeup product I've ever smelled. It literally smells like gasoline and chemicals and I'm like 110% sure that if you put it on your face, it'll burn you. For the sake of this review, I tried it on my lips and the colour is nice, doesn't really plump but once again, gasoline. I asked my sister to take a whiff and she almost threw it out. So, SO disappointing because the packaging is adorable! The matte black handle is so chic. Too bad the second and third ingredients are petrolatum and mineral oil. No wonder it stinks.


J.CAT BEAUTY - Eyelashes + Eyelash Glue in 747L | Full Size $3.99
Cause a ruckus as you bat your voluminous faux eyelashes! Each includes an individual eyelash adhesive for endurance through a night on the town!

I haven't tried these on so I can't comment on the glue or how they look when they're on. I was excited to receive some lashes as the ones I've got are all quite dramatic. I did notice though that the band is clear which is a plus with these more natural looking lashes. I hope that when I wear them, the knots in the base don't show. They're quite long too so I may need to trim them... we shall see!

ZOYA - Nail Polish in Odette | Full Size $9
This season's Zoya Nail polish are full of pure pigment, intense color and modern complexity that are a perfect transition into Spring.

I've never tried a Zoya nail polish before, but this shade is very pretty. I haven't tried this one yet but I'm definitely excited to see how it performs.

DR. LIN SKINCARE - Acne Spot Corrector | 15mL Travel Size $4.50
Treat the first sign of a breakout and fade the red and dark marks left behind with this powerful spot treatment. Formulated with 5% benzoyl peroxide to kill acne-causing bacteria. Works on old and new acne marks to fade discoloration on all skin types.

Points for being paraben-free! This couldn't have come at a better time since my face is just the queen of breakouts at the moment. I did use this on some spots, it does leave you extremely dry and quite red. I didn't really notice much in the difference it makes in my acne since I just may or may not have popped it myself... I'm going to give this another try but use it with a heavy duty moisturizer, otherwise you'll be a flakey mess thanks to the 5% Benzoyl Peroxide.




JESSE'S GIRL - 9 Pan Eye Shadow Compact in Brown Eyed Girl | Full Size $3.99
Jesse's Girl put together four great eye shadow collections suitable for all: Brown Eyed Girl, Behind Blue Eyes, Tickled Pink, and The Eyes Have It. Each compact features nine coordinating eye shadows in a sleek, travel-friendly case

This is definitely travel-friendly, I'm glad I got this shade selection as the others seemed a little wild and I like my neutrals. I'm not a big eyeshadow wearer but I swatched these shadows and they weren't all that pigmented. I'm sure that with a primer, you could make a nice neutral look with this palette but I can't comment on staying power, etc.

Overall value: $28.95
This is the value of the things I've gotten so far, not including the two items that should come. It's sort of a low-value bag, perhaps because a couple of the items here shouldn't have been in here? I don't know... the lip plumper was a complete fail; hideous smell. The eyelashes are alright, I'll definitely be trying those and the Zoya nail polish is also something I'm excited to try. The acne treatment and eyeshadow palette weren't supposed to be in my bag but I included them in this valuation. I definitely got some use (and will get more use) out of the acne treatment, the eyeshadow, however... meh? I've had better valued bags though this isn't a bad bag at all. I was very excited to receive it and for once I didn't ruin my surprise by peeking in My Glam Room before it came.

Disclaimer: I paid for this subscription from my own money. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment