Monday 17 February 2014

February 2014 | Topbox Unboxing





  ZYDERMA HS - Clarifying Cream - Sample Size 30mL $25
Clear acne-prone/sensitive skin with mild cleanser. Pat dry. Apply cream twice daily (morning and night). Do not rinse off. Apply before makeup. Available at zyderma.com

I'm excited to try this as I've been breaking out on my chin quite terribly and that needs to stop happening. I really hope it works!


SO SUSAN - Water-based Pure Luminizer | Full Size 15g $45
Dab with your ring finger and blend out with a brush to create an ethereal luminescence and a diffused, soft-glow effect.

Wow! $45!! That's so cool! I've also never heard of this brand before, so I'm excited to try it out. On the package, it says: No Sulfates, No Mineral Oil, No Phthalates, No Triclosan, No Animal By-Products, Cruelty Free. That's definitely a plus in my books. I did a little swatch and it's gorgeous! It's not white like some highlighters can be (you can see it blended out in the swatch of the lip gloss below, it's right underneath it). I'm shocked at the value you get just by this one product!



ESTEE LAUDER - Double Ended Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara and Pure Color Gloss in Rock Candy |  Sample Size Gloss 4.5g $19.50; Mascara 2.8mL $12.13 - Total $31.63
Twist and apply gloss on lips and mascara on eyes. Best of both worlds in one product.

Another greatly valued product. The lipgloss is a gorgeous shade of light pink and it smells like delicious strawberries. It's so perfect for travel because you get both products in one compact thing. I'm a mascara junkie and I have like 12 opened mascaras right now so I didn't open this one up because I need to get through the rest but I'm so excited to be getting a mascara sample.

ELIZABETH ARDEN - Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant | Sample Size 30mL $15 
Created by Ms. Arden herself, this legendary, award-winning cream calms, protects and hydrates skin for up to eight hours. Also shapes brows, restores shine, and smooths cuticles.

This is a repeat product for me (see December Topbox review here). I've emailed Topbox about this and I'm sure they'll be replacing this product for me. Here's hoping I get another So Susan product cause I'm so excited to try a new brand!

Update! Christine, the fabulous customer service representative over at Topbox replied to my email about the repeat product and she was more than willing to replace it for me. She even gave me a choice as to what I would like to have it replaced with! If there's one thing Topbox does fantastically, it's their customer service. 100% hands down the best customer service for a subscription box ever. 

Overall Value: $116.63
WHAT?! Like this is just. I can't. I was contemplating cancelling my Topbox subscription after this month as I find that I don't get great value in the regular boxes, but this box was just amazing. Even without the repeat Elizabeth Arden Cream, this box has incredible value. I'm just shocked! Great, great box this month. If Topbox keeps this up, I'll never unsubscribe!

Disclaimer: I paid for this subscription from my own money. All opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. You're so lucky! Instead of the Estee Lauder duo I received an old Essie nail polish from their Fall 2012 collection, and instead of the Zyderma I received a THREE-DOLLAR lip balm! Also, my So Susan product was worth less than half of the value of your luminizer. Topbox seems really thoughtless in ensuring that boxes are balanced that there aren't huge disparities in who gets what (though I'm happy you got a great box!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! I'm sorry you didn't like yours. That cheek and lip stain, even though it's worth less than my So Susan product, I would probably get more use out of that... It does seem like they don't really even out box values and I've definitely gotten some sub-par boxes before. I was actually going to cancel after this month but I was very impressed and will probably keep it for another month.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for dropping by my blog! Your photos are really pretty~ What camera do you use?

    amy | michi★mochi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for the kind words! I use a Nikon D5100 with a 50mm f1.8 lens to take these pictures. I was losing the daylight and had to use artificial light from my bathroom, next time I'll have brighter pictures :)

      Your pictures are really nice too! What camera do you use?

      Delete