Wednesday 18 June 2014

June 2014 | Ipsy Unboxing



This month's bag is designed by Rebecca Minkoff which is pretty cool. It's actually quite pretty and is one of the nicer looking bags that ipsy has sent out.


REALTREE - For Her | 3.4oz $24.99 | Sample 0.16oz $1.18

Originating from the creator and marketer of the worlds most versatile camo pattern makers, Realtree has decided to develop a sensitive yet delicious fragrance that captures you. Realtree for Her opens up with the sweet taste of pomegranate, a hint of persimmon and an exotic scent of orchids. It blends with lotus blossom and champaca flower and is followed by the rich scent of amber, the transient scent of violets and the depth of mahogany wood. This scent is not only a whirlwind of feelings, but it stands alone with the Realtree brand. Giving you the excellence of Realtree and the softness of perfume. Enjoy! 

I'm not a huge perfume person. This smells nice but I don't wear it very often so this is kind of useless to me, I would rather have gotten something skincare instead but oh well! It came in a sealed ziplock bag which is smart since it could have leaked and ruined the other products.


CAROL'S DAUGHTER - Sacred Tiare Anti-Breakage & Anti-Frizz Styling Cream | 90mL $12 | Sample 15mL $2

Say goodbye to unmanageable frizz and hair breakage, and hello to frizz-free and fortified hair. This protective blow dry cream repairs as it freezes your sleek style into place as you blow-dry and flat iron so you can have unmatched control and hair that's healthier than before. Made with strand-strengthening Coprah Coconut Oil, a sacred, protein-rich ingredient that is blended with Tiare Gardenia Flower, follicle-restoring Pro-vitamin B5 and nourishing Moringa Seed Oil for a flawless finish that's stronger and smoother. 

PLUS, NO Parabens, NO Phlalates, NO Petroleum, NO Mineral Oil, NO Artificial Colors

This sure sounds promising! Carol's Daughter has some cool products on their website so I was happy to find this in my bag! Also the fact that it's paraben free, etc. makes it that much more awesome.


NICKA K NEW YORK - Shimmer Eyeliner in Blue | $4.99

Add an instant touch of sparkling glamour with Nicka K New York Shimmer Eyeliners. Specially formulated, and equipped with a foam tip applicator for effortless glide, and water, smudge, and fade-resistant long wear. Available in twelve twinkling shades and two impact matte shades!

At first I wasn't excited about getting this in my bag as I wouldn't normally wear a shimmery coloured eyeliner but after swatching it on the back of my hand and seeing how pretty it is, I was happy. This would go perfectly on the flick of a black winged liner for a night out to give a pop of colour without looking tacky. Also, this does not budge; I swatched it and it stayed on all day and didn't all come off when I rubbed it off with soap and water. I'm surprisingly impressed with this. It's swatched below.


NYX - Butter Gloss in Éclair | $5

Buttery soft and silky smooth, the scrumptious new NYX Butter Lip Gloss tastes as sweet as a sugar cookie—and makes your lips look downright luscious. Swipe it on alone or over your favorite lipstick for creamy sheer to medium coverage that melts onto your lips and is never sticky.

Finally! Everybody and their dog has been talking about this product and it's hard to come by here in Canada (NYX is sold at Rexall and Target but they don't carry the whole line of products). On their website it retails for $5 but in Canada it's closer to $8 if you can find it.

 After Estée from essiebutton made a blog post about these I've really wanted to try them (not to mention the entire YouTube Beauty world has been raving for quite some time). The shade Éclair is pretty, it's a little too blue toned for my liking but it's sheer enough to look nice while still giving a slight hue. As to the buttery feeling of this gloss, I did find that it made my lips peel which isn't uncommon for them to do that but I feel that if I exfoliate really well before applying this, or if I put it overtop a moisturizing lipstick it would be great! I'm very happy to have gotten this in my bag and it was definitely the item I was most excited to try. Hopefully I can get my hands on some other shades; peach and coral suit me much better! Swatched below.


OFRA - Universal Eyebrow Pencil | $13

OFRA's Universal Eyebrow Pencil is a resistant pencil suitable for the most sensitive eye area. It is the perfect solution for your eyebrows and is called Universal Eyebrow Pencil for a reason as it is one color to suit all skin tones. It is soft enough and will make it easy for you to create a perfect shape. 

Can be applied directly to the eyebrow area then smudge gently with a small brush applicator. Created with a synthetic Beeswax base for a smooth, soft and long lasting application which will also hold those pesty stray eyebrow hairs in place.

I usually don't use a brow pencil as mine are already extremely dark and don't need anymore definition so I wasn't happy when I got this in my bag. I figured I should give it a try, however and it's actually quite nice. I was a little skeptical since it says the shade is universal for all brow colours but it gave me the slightest definition without being overpowering or too light/dark. The product itself is quite soft which makes it easy to use but you have to use a light hand with it. Overall I'm quite happy with this brow pencil, and since I don't have another brow pencil, this fits nicely into my makeup drawer. Swatched below.

Please excuse the cat scratches on my wrist. #catlady
 _____

Overall value: $26.17

This bag's overall value is lower than usual but I still liked 4/5 products in it. The perfume is useless to me and is going in my swap pile but everything else really impressed me! This month was a good month for ipsy.


No comments:

Post a Comment