Wednesday 18 June 2014

June 2014 | Topbox Unboxing & Review




BIODERMA - Atoderm Gentle Shower Gel | 500mL $14.95 | Sample 100mL $2.99

Soap free foaming cleanser suitable to daily hygiene for dry sensitive skin. Cleaning, softens and protects. Apply on wet skin. Work into a foam. Rinse well.

Can I say that I love this product solely for the colour of the bottle? Yes? Okay. But seriously, I haven't tried a lot of Bioderma products, only their cult favourite Sensibio Cleansing Water which is great. I'm excited to try something that's more body care versus the usual skincare that we get.



BAREFOOT VENUS - Lip Fable in Cherry Crush | $7.50

Don't forget to keep your lips nice and hydrated with our 99.9% natural lip balm. However you choose to tel your summer-time tale, say it with super soft lips.

This is a really cute product, and I love how it comes in a tin (makes me think of old-school lip balms that came in the same tins). I got a Barefoot Venus product previously in a Luxe Box so I was happy to get this. The Cherry Crush flavour isn't my favourite, I'm not huge on cherry scented things but that's just personal preference. The main issue with this product is that the lid on my tin doesn't stay when its closed, there isn't even the slightest traction when its closed and it slides right off so if it was in my purse, it would get everywhere. I already contacted Topbox about this and they said they would replace it for me which is very nice of them! Topbox has the best customer service hands down.


 KMS CALIFORNIA - FREESHAPE hot flex spray | 300mL $18.75 | Sample 30mL $6.25

Spray into towel-dried hair, blow dry and shape with hot tools. For maximum shaping, spray section by section.

I wear a headscarf so I rarely style my hair with hot tools. This guy's going in the swap pile!



INDIE POLISH - Handmade Nail Polish in Lilac for You | 15mL $9.75 | I don't know what the sample size is but it's a mini... so maybe like $4?

Apply three thin coats, allow to dry between, seal with a good topcoat.

This is handmade vegan nail polish which is so cool! Apparently they only sent out like 150 of these, too bad I got one because I'm not a huge nail polish person. It's a very neat idea though that they're including smaller brands and not just mass produced products.

______

Overall value: $20.74

Considering I paid a little over $13 for this box, the value is a little disappointing. The fact that I won't be using two of the four products also kind of sucks but that's what you get with these surprise boxes, you win some, you lose some. Last month's box was incredible so it was hard to top that one anyway. I have to give it to Topbox for their customer service though, Christine, their customer service representative is always extremely friendly and ready to help!

2 comments: