Wednesday 18 June 2014

May 2014 | Ipsy Unboxing & Review




PUR~LISSE - pur~moist hydra balance moisturizer | 50 mL $55 | Sample 15 mL $16.50

Achieve beautiful balance with the Pur-lisse pur~moist hydra balance moisturizer. Gently smooth over face day or night after cleansing and toning. Glides on like a gel and hydrates like a cream and never greasy. Hydates your skin to create a perfect canvas for makeup application. Dries down to a healthy glow. 

When I read this and saw that it was for normal to dry skin I was a little weary since I have combo skin. I decided it would be best to use this at night so that I don't get oily during the day. This has a nice light citrus scent and gives good moisturization after a deep cleanse at night and so far I really like it!


HEY HONEY - Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask | 50 mL $35 | Sample 10 mL $7

Instantly renews skin, leaving it refreshed and clean after only a few minutes. This gel mask helps promote a smooth and clear complexion for a post facial feeling. Take It Off! is quick and easy to use, so exfoliating you can feel beautifully refreshed, radiant and ready to go in just a few minutes. 

I wasn't sure about this little guy since I already have a couple peel masks that I enjoy (including the Freeman Beauty Feeling Beautiful Cucumber Peel-Off Mask). I gave it a go and it worked fine, left my skin soft and wasn't a pain to take off. It's a small sample and I'll probably use it up but won't be repurchasing this as it's quite pricey for a peel-off mask.


HANG TEN - Classic Sport SPF50 | 6 oz $12.99 | Sample 1 oz $2.17

Protect and nourish your skin with our clear, lightweight, naturally scented sunscreen. Provides maximum water resistance and full body coverage against harmful UVA/UVB rays. 
Oxybenzone Free, Paraben Free, Retinyl Palmitate Free, Non-Greasy, Non-Nano, Synthetic Fragrance Free 

This sunscreen is pretty cool since it's natural which is something we should be looking for in our sun protection. I've used this a couple times on my face, and it is a little greasy, I had to powder off my face after using it to mattify it a bit. Overall it gets the job done, it would probably be better for the body rather than the face. I do like that this has an SPF of 50.


DERMA E  - Microdermabrasion Scrub | 2 oz $32.50 | Sample 1 oz $16.25

Improve the appearance of your skin with this gentle yet effective Microdermabrasion Scrub, only from derma e®. This formula buffs away dull surface cells, diminshes the appearance of wrinkles and acne scars, and absorbs excess skin oils with an exclusive crystal blend including Dead Sea Salt and Volcanic Sand (rich in Silica). Enriched with natural astringents Lime and Lemon Peel plus antioxidants Grapeseed and Vitamin E, this pro-grade treatment retexturizes skin, leaving it soft, smooth and younger-looking. 
All derma e® products are 100% vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, mineral oil-free, glycol-free, lanolin-free, gluten free, GMO-free.

This has a really nice lemony scent. The beads that are in this scrub are very fine but they definitely give you a good scrub. You can give yourself a more gentle or more intensive exfoliation by applying less or more pressure while using it. I've only used it once so it's just a first impression, it did leave my skin pretty soft but nothing earth shattering. 



PACIFICA - Mineral Eyeshadow Duo | 0.25 oz $14 | Sample 0.07 oz $3.92

The Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo are coconut infused mineral eye shadows that are a perfect addition to any makeup collection. Packaged in a beautiful travel ready recyclable container, these exclusive duos are customized just for ipsy! These shades can be found in the Pacifica Mystical and Charmed Palette. Smooth application with gorgeous color pay-off. 

When my bag first came, this was smashed to bits, I send ipsy an email and they send me another one in good condition. The colours are both shimmery and are a very nice neutral duo. They are creamy and pretty pigmented though they are light shades so they'll probably fare better over a primer.

______

Overall value: $45.84
I enjoyed this bag, overall, I was really happy to be trying the derma e scrub and really enjoyed the pur~lisse moisturizer. I really wish the sunscreen was less greasy so that I could use it on my face more than anything but I can still definitely use it on my body. The eyeshadow duo is very pretty and is perfect for everyday natural eyes. Nothing was disappointing and everything will be used; happy camper over here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment