Wednesday 18 June 2014

May 2014 | Topbox Unboxing + $10 Surprise Add-on

 I should mention that in honour of Earth Month, Topbox sent out this month's box in a pretty purple organza bag instead of their usual tube. I honestly prefer this over the tube, I just have too many of and don't know what to do with them. If you have any cool ideas of what you use your tubes for, let me know!


KINETICS - Nail Color in Crazy Daisy | $9

Apply one or two coats as needed for a beautiful finish.

This is a pretty colour in the bottle (sort of a bright coraly pink) but when applied to the nails, it comes off more as a hot pink colour. Not really my style but the formula is very nice. It also has the tiniest bit of shimmer, not actual noticeable shimmery pieces, but there is a teeny shimmer in there.


ELIZABETH ARDEN - Visible Difference Skin Balancing Lotion SPF 15 | 50mL $48 | Sample 5mL $4.80

Everyone's skin has its own ideal moisture level. Help maintain yours all day with this oil-free, skin balancing lotion for combination skin SPF 15 helps you protect your skin from sun damage. Clinically and dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic.

This is a teeny tiny sample, it's nice to get something for combo skin though so I'm happy!



 MEREADESSO - All-in-One Moisturizer Travel Size | 50mL $120 | Travel Size 12mL $28

Apply a thin layer to face, neck and around the eyes twice daily after washing. If mild exfoliation occurs, gently buff with a damp facecloth between applications. This sachet should last approximately two weeks with normal usage.

How cool is this packaging? It has a seal on the back that makes it easy to open and close this sachet without the bulkier packaging of a tube. This is also supposed to function as not only a moisturizer, but also a primer, toner and eye cream which is pretty cool and makes this super travel friendly.



BENEFIT - Posiebalm Hydrating Tinted Lip Balm | 3g $22 | Sample 0.5g $3.67

Wear this new hydrating balm alone for a sheer kiss of color... or glide on over your favourite tint for a moisturizing & conditioning boost.

How freaking awesome is this?! Benefit JUST launched this product and Topbox was able to get us some samples in this box. Though this is a teeny sample, this packaging is so freaking adorable and the balm has such a nice scent. I have yet to swatch this or try it on my lips but OMG this is SO cool.



STILA - Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black | $26

This was my $10 add-on. I saw this in someone else's box before I got mine and really wanted it to show up in my box. This is a cult favourite and definitely something I want to try. Lets just say I'm extremely happy that I got this as my add-on! Yes, yes yes!!
____

Overall value: $45.47 + $26 for the liner and I only paid $13.56 + the $10 add-on

I love this box, the Stila is just the cherry on top. I kind of wish I didn't get two moisturizing products in one box but that aside, I love everything in this box. Topbox really blew it out of the water this month!

2 comments:

  1. My first reaction was "of course the month after I stop subscribing they send out that Stila liner!!" but it makes me feel a bit better to know it wasn't included in the box haha. I'm glad you got it as your add-on though! I've been eyeing that liner forever but the $26 price tag is a bit of a turn off. :(

    Also, why is every Benefit sample packaged so adorably...

    amy | michi★mochi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know you unsubscribed, why?

      It's definitely a great add-on, some other people didn't get as nice of an add-on even if they were higher values. I'm a happy camper lol

      Benefit is like the queen of packaging! Everything is stupid cute!

      Delete